By Randall Hankins
With November already half over and December just around the bend, it is no surprise that most pacers are left wondering, “Where has the semester gone?”
“Time is truly running out,” said senior Rashad Kramer. “Now is the time to make sure that you are tying up loose-ends and you are getting your work done.”
If this is the semester you are graduating, then you only have a handful of weeks left; however, even if you are not graduating, there are still a few things to keep in mind.
- Finish the semester strong so you do not have to fool around with rearranging your schedule for the next semester.
- Check with your advisors to make sure you have got the best possible schedule and that there are no holds on your student accounts.
- Don’t stress about the upcoming exams and projects that are due; there is still plenty of time to study for them now, and remember the school offers free tutoring on second floor of the library.
- Make sure when you are studying that you get up every half hour or so and take a short 5 or 10 minute break. This will help you clear your mind and lessen the strain on your eyes from staring at words on a page or screen.
- If you live on campus and it is possible, go ahead and start cleaning some of the things out of your room you probably won’t need so when move out day comes you will not have to rush to pack everything.
I hope that these tips help to make the rest of your semester as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Even though we are more than halfway done with the semester, there is still plenty of time to get everything done in a timely manner.